Existing Member?

From London to San Francisco

Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 7 April 2011 | Views [151]

April 7 - 11


Next stop, the wine capital of Argentina, Mendoza. As I have a new found love for red wine it would be rude not to visit. Mendoza isn't as pretty as our trusty Lonely Planet made out but it was a refreshing change to be back in the warm sunny weather and back into shorts and tshirts. Our hostel choices so far have been rather good, until now. We chose Break Point whose name is very apt. The hostel itself was fine and has a swimming pool and lovely garden but it is not the cleanest place that I have ever stayed and if it wasn't for the nice people in our dorm we would have left after one night. After the initial freak out of the state of the 80s bathroom and grimy kitchen we (that`s me really) decided that I could put up with it. The days in Mendoza were spent wandering around, eating 1/4 kilo tubs of ice cream (at the beginning we shared this but have moved onto having one each eek) and having lots of fun with our new friends in the hostel. On Saturday we decided to do an exciting wine tour, not just any old wine tour...a wine tour on a bike. Oh how this could have gone spectacularly wrong especially considering my accident prone nature. We set off in a pack of 6; Tony the london lad, Ibs his side kick, Rich, the very english essex lad and Oli, the year long traveller, plus Kate and myself. It turned out to be a lovely day and thankfully there were no injuries incurred. We cycled in total about 20km and we were all mildly disappointed at the ratio of time drinking and time spent on the bikes.

 

About kashton_jdennis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.