Existing Member?

From London to San Francisco

A special day for one little traveller

ARGENTINA | Friday, 25 March 2011 | Views [148]

March 25 - 26


March 25 was a special day as it was Kate Ashton's 27th birthday. After her initial sadness about saying goodbye to 26 (a good year all round) and being that one step closer to 30 we packed up, waved goodbye to Brazil and crossed the border to Argentina. 1 country down bosh. Instantly you can see the difference in the countries and on arrival into Argentina we were greeted with that familiar 'Hola' which was a refreshing change to the confusing Portuguese that is spoken in Brazil. Again we checked in and dashed off to Iguazu Falls to see it from the other side. Thankfully it was really sunny and so the feel of this side was totally different to the day before. The view from this side is incredible (I preferred it) and I can't stress enough that this is one thing that you all have to try and see at some point in your lifetime. It is out of this world and we both agreed that it is byfar the best natural wonder that we have ever seen. After a lovely day there we celebrated Ashton's birthday by having a good old Argentinian BBQ (this is where two Germans thought Kate was French) and a few more caprinihas. The end of the night was somewhat of a disappointment as we got back to our private room to find two very odd people face down, half-naked and snoring on the beds next to ours. Not ideal.

Iguazu Falls

About kashton_jdennis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.