Existing Member?

From London to San Francisco

An unexpected day in New York

USA | Tuesday, 15 March 2011 | Views [152]

March 15

Today the excitement of a day in NY was hindered by the loss of Kate's bag, a very late night and the fact that it was extremely cold and we had nothing to wear, oh and throw in the fact that the New York transport map has nothing on the tube map. After a confusing start we eventually managed to get into downtown Manhattan and did the oh-so touristy thing of a city bus tour. Yes that's right, the whole of New York in a day! From there we went to see the statue of liberty. Not an easy task. We queued for hours in the freezing cold and once over there did a circuit of her (she is much smaller than what I had imagined) and then queued to come back - we wasted 3 hours in total. From there we ran 3 blocks one way and up 4 and who should we find but young Daisy Carrington (for those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing her, she is our lovely little friend from Dubai). It was a flying visit of 20 minutes and we sat in one of the 183 Starbucks in the city and ordered nothing (we learnt that fact on the tour). Next it was back to the airport to locate the lost bag and get the flight to Rio.

About kashton_jdennis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.