Existing Member?

The Line of Control

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [3233] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

In February 2011 I set out to Kashmir to film my first documentary. I had written a script and knew exactly what I wanted to achieve. I when I arrived my original storyline turned upside down and I was quickly had to make a new plan.

Benazir crashed into me on a snowboard closely followed by her older brother Raja chasing her frantically down the snowy slope. I hadn't seen a Kashmiri female for 3 weeks, all the sudden theres one on a Snowboard! Raja introduced himself and invited me to come for tea at his fathers hut. I quickly realised that their story was one I could tell.


I finished film school in 2009, since then have worked on a hand-full of film projects. I spend all of my free-time working towards creating my own films and working on others. My ambition as a film-maker is to learn, to teach and to tell stories that people will remember.
I love to explore. I'm passionate about social justice, conservation and the natural world. If I were to be successful enough to win. It would be a huge step towards being able to call film-making my career. 

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

Comments

1

the sound was really bad, i couldn't hear anything.. and the story was ok...

  raquel Aug 3, 2011 6:12 AM

2

I absolutely loved this!!! Best of luck with your future projects.

  Lynn Jan 24, 2012 3:18 PM

About kashmir


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.