Existing Member?

From Gran Canaria to New Zealand We are on our way to New Zealand from the Canary islands. We live here, but are Norwegian. We work here as; he - nurse, she - teacher. karen lived in New Zealand years and years ago, and now we are on our way back - so karen can "show off" this lovely country of her youth.

Home again

SPAIN | Friday, 10 August 2007 | Views [448]

So we are home again. It's hot and my fot is hurting. It is swollen and complains about long planetrips. 26 hours New Zealand - London. And, since the plane was delayed we had to run and stress through London Airport (Heathrow) to get oour next connexion. Luckily our bags went directly or we would have missed it. 

2 extremely tired passngers were probably observed in Madrid waiting for last connexion to Las Palmas, with piles of clothes. I had on: singlet, flannelshirt, fleece, windjacket. Long underpants, jeans, boots!! After a while it became quite hot, but we had no more space in our suitcases (one of which, by the way, has lost it's way).

Wolfgang met us at the airport about 35-6 hours since departure from Auckland!

Today is a day of tidying up. I have spent quite a lot of time on the phone because of messages on out answering machine: Somebody had not given the message on about us being on holiday, so UPS has been looking for us to deliver our new printer - no easy task to find them again. And I have just misssed an appointment with a specialist as they only call you by phone and tell you when it is some time before!! Buggars!! I tried so hard to find somebody that could answer that one before I left.

Anyway - don't want to end this with all complaints.

Had a lovely 20 min chinese massage in Hong Kong airport. The sun is shining and it's not as hot as anticipated. Just holiday-nice.

OK - folks! Been a wonderful holiday and we hope you have enjoyed following us!! Hopefully the suitecase comes today or tomorrow. It contains quite a lot of presents for some of you, so pray..

Lots of love.      

Tags: Philosophy of travel

About karen-and-erik

This is us - hello.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.