Existing Member?

My back in time Journey

Kappadokya

TURKEY | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [118] | Scholarship Entry

Travel is my passion. No matter where I travel, it just has to be an alien place, somewhere I have never been before. During my childhood I did not travel as I used to leave in fanatic country with old mentality that girls are not allowed to travel alone by themselves. But now as an adult I casts those thoughts behind my back and started to realize my dreams that I always dreamed day and night, day by day . Recently I have met my always wanted, my dreamed friend. She is my soul mate, both eager to travel and to live freely just as like as a bird .My friend Egezona and I has just returned from a week trip in Turkey were we visited Kappadokya ,an ancient underground cities. This place were created after three Mountains volcanic eruptions before thousands of years BC than it comes ice age that made the land rigid and able to live.
I forget to tell you that Egezona is from Kosovo but lives in Finland and I had to travel from Kosovo to Finnish country and from there to start our amazing trip.
At first we went to Antalya where we spend two day in a big golf Hotel then from there we traveled by bus about 12hour to Kappadokya. It was beautiful journey, the panorama was awesome, during the road we have seen nomad?s people, an ancient narrow road created by them which was used to travel from one place to another and this road is used even know days by nomads there. They used it In the winter to went down to the fields and in the summer they goes back again up in to the Mountains with their sheep?s. It was a little bit back in time journey for us.
Then in Kappadokya we spend a good experience there were 200 ancient cities but only 20 were open for visitors .The cities contains 4 floors and in the first floor near to the land nomads has located the beast, than in the second the barn, than the warehouse ,and in the fourth floor living room and kitchen. It was very interesting how they prevented the risk from enemies.
Let me tell you ? the trip was organized from Finnish travel agencies and guess what? All the participants on the trip where Finnish pensioners and for our destiny we were only the youngest participants on the trip!!We thought ..oh my god this is going to be boring!!But,no!It was awesome? even we had a trip with grendpas again it was full joy because all attention was on us during the whole trip .It was something deferent no parties, no dramas, no loudly music but it was unforgettable journey and we has felt again the teen spirit in inner us.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About kappadokya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.