Existing Member?

The princess of the jungle

Caetité:The princess of the jungle

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 11 November 2008 | Views [362]

In 1803,Caetité was created with the name of Vila Nova and the Princess of Caetité Santana,checking their installation in 1810,on april 5.The town go on into the category of city october 12,1867.

Caetité began to be an asylum from political persecution,because your peaceful climate,becoming a core cult and scholar of national and Portuguese who live looking for a wonderful and wound up here trunk of the main families as:the Vilasboas,the Gumes and so on.

The name of the city appeared and indigenous means,CAA-kills;ITA-stone;ETE-finishing.It is located in the central plateau,in tha eastern part of the Espinhaço,the southwestern state of Bahia,the integrated zone of Sierra physiographic Geral.The council is the divider between the rivers belonging to the San Francisc basin in the west,and those of river basin accounts,which flows into the Atlantic Ocean.

The councilis well advanced occupies an area of 2.366,4 km2,where lives a population of about 46.000 habitants.It has a population density habitants/km2 finished in 19,11.

The socio-economic activies most frequently used in the region rely entirely on livestock and agiculture.Agriculture is related,especially the cultivation of subsistence which stand out:cassava,sugar cane,beans,garlic,fruit and variety of vegetables.In the livestock out cattle,dominated the beef cattle.In few have the production of pigs,cattle and horses.

We have the industries of cassava flour,roasting coffe,clothes,from biscuits,sawmills,carpentry,locksmiths,ceramics and we also have the industries that extract the various mineral wealth that has Caetité such as uranium(INB),amethyst,ore iron and so on.

It is also the tertiary sector,including:banks,shops,transport,communication,energy supply,health,administration and education.So,the majority of the population is poor and living in terrible conditions.The council has a high rate of illiteracy and unemployment.So many people,especially the young,go on migrating to other regions,such as Sao Paulo and Mato Grosso for cutting cane,trying to financial improvements.

Caetité attracts tourists,mostly faithful who visit the city to visit the Catedral of Our Senhora Santana.Furthermore we have caves with cave paintings,tha crashing,the church of Bruno,the Mausoleu of Cotrins,the church of Saint Benedito,the little waterfall,among other sights.

About kakau_vinha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.