Existing Member?

aussie girl

VINA DEL MAR

CHILE | Thursday, 24 January 2008 | Views [480]

22nd November 2007

Today was chilly again but we decided we would still stick to the plan of going to the beach. We got up around ten, so we went to the hotel restaurant to have b/fast because it was already included and then got the directions to go to the nicest beach by bus- after all we’re not millionaires. The bus ride was actually really long- close to an hour and once we got to the beach we realized why one- no one was on the beach and two why those who were walking along it had jumpers and long pants on – it was freezing. On the beach however it was really hot the sand and the sun because we were able to escape the freezing cold wind. We sun baked for a few hours – you are not allowed to swim in the water because it is pacific water and ice berg cold and also no life guards and something about if you go swimming no matter who you are you will die with the water rips and things… so funnily enough we didn’t go swimming. After a few hours of baking ourselves we decided to go shopping/ get something to eat.  However we decided this, as per usual in siesta time so nothing was open. Eventually we found a seafood restaurant and realizing we weren’t actually hungry and that we just wanted to eat just got one salmon to share and three pisco sours- which is a Chilean ‘alcoholic beverage’. They were so nice we got another each. Finally when we left the restaurant, we went in search for a bottle shop to get some pisco sour. The lady in the store asked us if we wanted to drink it on the beach, and the three of us didn’t know what to say, of course that was our objective but in Australia if they ask you that they deny you sale… well here they give you glasses and ice so you CAN drink it on the beach. We spent the rest of the afternoon drunk on the beach watching the sunset. When it started to get cold again we decided to go back to our hotel room and go out…Dinner tonight was on Chrissy’s dad so we got dressed up all pretty to go out to a nice restaurant and have a good feed. However not that many places accepted visa so we ended up choosing the dodgiest Chinese restaurant buffet… the food was disgusting the wine was like vinegar and the cocktails were untouchable… all in al we had a good meal I think…. Ewe! The only good thing about this dinner was the eye candy… there were these four really hot guys, well three really hot guys and a dad at the table behind us. Chrissy and Gemma stared and told me their every move all night (I was sitting with my back to them and the other two were facing them). Eventually they left so we decided that because we were already drunk from today and again from dinner that we should go out however, again, the night life was less than amusing, and gemma was less than excited, so we ended up coming home freezing and watching more movies…. Which may have been more amusing in the first place anyway.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About kaitlyn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.