Existing Member?

Kung Fu Panda n the Karate kid

leaving yangshou

CHINA | Saturday, 19 March 2011 | Views [423]

kailani n porcipine

kailani n porcipine

sat 19 march
We have just left Yangshou...on our way to Guangzhou. On an sleeper bus....this is the ultimate way to travel long distance....omg...you should see this bus......too funny....its like a hotel on wheels....
firstly you have to take your shoes off before you get on the bus...into plastic bags....mmmm yep the smell of smelly feet mmm actually i think there mine...i have no idea, maybe theyre the mans feet that are at my head.....or a collection of the whole bus...hopefully the smell will wonder off....forget seatbelts on this bus....there are actually no seats on this bus.....they are all beds!!! ha...each with there own blanket and pillow....oh and tv!!, there all watching some chinese war movie....i'll just stick to the computer....each bed is very narrow, about 10cm wider than my hips...unless you have the pretty cool triple seater bed....they look very cosy...there are three rows and each row have bunks....this could be the best party bus ever....im in the front and i have to keep looking behind and laughing...on the inside....as this is so bizaar to see...when it gets light i will be such a tourist and will be taking photos....
ok enough about the bus
I know, we have finally left Yangshou....sad...we didnt want to...
i didnt even get to do all the things i wanted....mainly because of the stupid rain.....it has rained non stop since sunday....and has been cold still.....i thought it was suppose to be around 18 deg at this time of the year...agh no...been average 8deg...no not liking the cold at all....
by the way....i feel another epic coming on...sorry to bore you...or maybe i could do it in parts....depends on how long the battery last for...
so what have we been doing....
lets just tell you about our day first.....
we were on our wondering around when we came across a photo booth shop thingy...this is the thing to do here in china and im guessing Japan....you pick your designs and then you stand in front of a computer and you do some dumb cheesy smiles and try to look glam and then they print the photo, put some glittery plastic cover on it....and whola...you have your 6 mini photos....and then you collect them....you in all sorts of poses and guess what else you do with them....you swap them...with your friends....we have a collection of two already from friends.....and now we have our own collection, that we can pass on to our friends.....i know.....corny...but hey it was fun...and when your hanging with a 13 yr old...this was a cool thing to do.....oh and also a crowd drawer....this place was non stop of young kids coming in and getting this done....damn, wish we found it days ago, would brought our friends here to do cheesy group shots...and of cause start up a big collection..
After we left our photography session, we came across a guy in the street selling....have a guess...yes....porcipines!!! what the .....here are these 3 little sute prcipines...he ahs then upside down and you could see there lttle cute faces and there little cute feet sticking out...omg, they were so cute...ive never seen a porcipine before...they were all curled up trying to hide....he gave one to Kailani to hold...she was making lots of noises because she thought they were going to hurt, but she said they didnt realy, just felt like lots of pins n needles, and they left her hand with lots of indents....and of cause, when she was holding the porcipine...lots of photos were taken...and not just by me....i asked the man, what you do with them.....they EAT them!! oh no...they were to cute to be eaten...how do they eat them?? do they pull the spikes out?? i wonder...i didnt ask him that...didnt want to know that one...we wanted rescue them...
ok...now to what we have been doing during the week. We have been doing a few things. We went out for dinner one night with a group of friends...yummmm the best vegetarian restuarant..things you would not think of ever to have...so good...caramilsed taro balls...omg so good...sweet n sour fried eggplant...mmm sooooo good....i think we had about 10 dishes...that we shared and cost me $5....and it was a beautiful restaurant
....after dinner we wondered down to bar 98....for quiz nite...it was packed of westerners...appparently all living here....teachers and rock climbers....we had our team...kailani played very well....putting her input to alot of the answers, far more than any of my input,...anway we came third...which was pretty good....and we staggered out of there at midnight...kailani was impressed...she wanted to do it again the next night...not for me...i stunk of cigarettes...one thing i hate about China....they still smoke inside everywhere....so gross...you forget what smoking in buses and cafes, anywhere...so annoying.
We climbed the tall mountain..the tv tower mountain...o lordy, that nearly killed me, 50 million steps....but worth the view.....you dont realise how many mountains surround this place...pretty cool...legs were jelly after coming down...and it stopped raining for the walk....for the first time. It hasnt stopped raining here...driving me up the wall.
What else have we been doing....ummmm..there's something else i was going to tell you...what was it...ummm no wasnt that i have 50 million dvd's...ummm...oh yeah i remember....i had a cooking lesson the other day....cool bananas....it was fun.....even had to wear...chef hat and apron...hat looked more like in the navy hat...there was only two of us doing the class...my friend Lillian and I...we had 3 dishes each that we chose and learnt how to cook them....so now i know how to cook chinese....and we got to eat it after it....it was way to much for the two of us to eat 6 dishes..so we took it back to hostel for the boys to eat....we cooked....chinese dumplings, sweet n sour pork, chinese stir fry vegetables, vegetable noodles and string beans and something else...was so easy...and no not cooking for all of you...thats a one off thing and Shirley if your lucky i may remember how to cook it again and we may have chinese for dinner one night.....I wish i did the lesson weeks ago, as i would of done more classes and learnt many more dishes...oh well next time...
ok somebody please tell the bus driver to stop whistling...its starting to annoy me..
We went for an excursion to a local "willage" The other day....to Fuli...this place is old ming dynstay or something like that...plenty of old buildings..which mean plenty of photos....i like this town better than Xing Ping...thats another town we visited which havent toldyou about...anyway taht doesnt matter anymore...
ok now what on earth is the driver saying over the loud speaker...hes turned the light on and speaking very loudly over the microphone...ok back to the story  blah blah blahblah
...i wrote about that one on the blog thingy that i have been trying to get together...its where i have put all the photos on....i need to catch up alot with the photos as well.....so if you want to hear about that story read it there..
ok...toilet stop...omg....that was thE strangest toilets that i have seen...this one takes the cake....talk about comunal peeing...no doors...hello...i can see your butt...oh and you can see mine....oh where is that wee going to...look out its going down your way, down the canal...where all the wee meets......ok these toilets are like a toilet block....there are no doors, they are like little cubicles and the wall that you can hide your butt in is only waist high, so its suppose to give you sometype of privacy, but not....so when you stand up...!..and there is no hole or drain that you pee in, its like a trough...didnt look if it went up stream or down stream....omg...get out of there quick...lordy please no more stinkypoo toilet stops for me......sorry about the toilet talk, but that was one to write home about....funny funny funny
ok...try and sleep now

About kailani_merrie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.