Existing Member?

Kung Fu Panda n the Karate kid

tai chi in Yangshou

CHINA | Thursday, 3 March 2011 | Views [414]

Thursday 3 march
Its now thursday...the days go so quick. especially when your doing nothing. So getting back to what we have been doing. Yesterday i started Tai Chi lessons. With  a Tai Chi master....all to myself. Pretty cool having private lessons with a my very own master. He even wears the white pyjama looking clothes while he is giving the lesson. Am loving doing Tai Chi. I had learnt some tai chi about 15 yrs ago, but have since forgotten and besides i learnt in a gym room with about 30 other people. So totally different learning from a Chinese master and with you being the only pupil. Yesterday we practised in the local park. The park in mornings in China is the place to be. It was an amazing thing to see. Firstly there are all these bright coloured lanterns hanging everywhere....they look pretty cool. And then you see heaps of people everywhere and hear all different sounds of music. There a groups dancing...all in time, moslty older people....one group are ballroom dancing kind of....another dancing chinese version of line dancing....another dancing with drums and ribbons.....another with swords......another just some kind of dancing.....and then there are the men doing some sort of lawn bowls.......and then there are the people doing their tai chi......so many things to look at. people watching.....it is such a cool place to see....the energy here is great and they all seem to be happy doing this........why dont we have something like this back home.....its packed.....hard trying to find a possie to have my lesson....
...and then i have people watching me....oh go away you lot......and stop taking photos of the westerner trying to learn tai chi...just cause your an expert at it.....why do they always laugh at me??....im trying to concentrate...how can i when you lot at watching me....piss off....
....this morning it was raining so i got to have lesson in the classroom, which much better way to concentrate, dont have all the distraction around me, that my mind would wonder off and watch while he was showing me the next move,,,,,good view from the windows also....and not getting wet helps. 
...am off there again tomorrow, i think i will be having lessons everyday that i am here.....kailani is going to have lessons with him in kung fu......private lessons also, pretty cool....she will be like karate kid.....watch out kids at home....wouldnt be messing with her....i may even do it to....
Not going for our big bike ride today as its raining....buggerpoobumwee....also Kailani not feeling to good...sore throat n head....looks like a day for watching movies and sitting in cafe drinking hot chocolates...

About kailani_merrie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.