Existing Member?

South America

Latest update from Colombia

COLOMBIA | Tuesday, 11 November 2014 | Views [280]

Well, for those of you that I haven't spoken to in a while you would not be aware that Rob is back in Australia.  He had to go back for a sudden death in the family and decided not to come back.  He wasn't really happy teaching - I love it.  Well, most of the time anyway.  Yes, I have decided that I am not ready to go back yet and will be continuing my adventure 'solo'.  It is certainly not a path that I would have chosen but it is the hand that I have been dealt so I need to get on with my life.  I only have 5 weeks left in Villavicencio, Colombia, and then will do a trip through Jamaica, Cuba, Guatamale, Belize and Mexico.  I have made the big decision to stay in Colombia next year and will commence teaching in a beautiful city called Medellin, in February.  It is called the City of Eternal Spring and it is a city that is highly prized.  I was only going to stay until June but when I heard where I was offered, I decided to stay until mid December.  If I came back to Australia I would probably end up teaching English anyway .....

i have finally got a new camera so will start posting pictures up - it truly is a beautiful country and I feel very safe, even by myself.  I have been very slack but Villavicencio isn't exactly filled with tourism but I have still got some lovely photos to share.  But the people have made us all feel very welcome.

Hope that you are all well and happy.

Thinking of you, Kathy

 

About kabrjb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.