Existing Member?

Going Around the World

London Part 2

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 22 April 2017 | Views [602]

Days 2 and 3 in London were none crazy eventful. I kicked off my Thursday morning by heading up to the "Harry Potter" train station, the one that they shot in the films. Sadly, they did put in a 9 3/4 platform with the cart sticking out of the wall. And yes, there is a huge Harry Potter gift shop right next to the platform in the station. I then made my way over to The British Museum. I spent a few hours in there admiring all of the treasures that Britain stole from other areas of the world and now claim to be their own. Sort of odd if you ask me. Anyways...made my way for lunch and went with fish and chips. Nothing all that great, I do not understand all of the excitement???

I continued the Harry Potter theme and went on a Harry Potter walking tour of London. Surprisingly, it was pretty interesting! I am by no means a HP crazy person,  as most people in the group were, but they took us around to various places that were referenced in the books and movies. The guide showed us various locations which influenced the writer JK Rowling, in many ways.

I wrapped up the day by walking along the river again and thoroughly enjoying the mucky brown water. Once I made it back to the hostel, I had a few hour long conversation with some people from Italy and Singapore, discussing how it can be difficult to get in past US customs. I laughed and jokingly told them to come in through Canada along the Minnesota border.

My last day in London, Friday, I just hung out at the hostel all day. Was not feeling the greatest and decided to nap all day. It was a wonderful decision as I am feeling MUCH better today. I fly to Amsterdam to meet Bryan in about 20 minutes...gotta run!

 

About jwagenknecht


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.