Existing Member?

Going Around the World

First Day off of North America

USA | Monday, 17 April 2017 | Views [488]

Lets start this post off with a non-paid advertisement for Singapore Airlines. People, you need to fly with them if you can. Its well worth the money. Piping hot washcloths, it felt like they fed you too frequently, top notch choices of movies...lets just say I was only able to sleep about an hour and a half. Too many options and the 8.5 hour flight was a breeze. 

Made it to Manchester, made my way to the hostel...got in too early for check in, so I went and wandered for a while. The whole "driving on the left" thing really screws with you as a pedestrian. I keep looking the wrong way, over and over. That also goes with which side the escalators are on and which side you walk down the sidewalk. I keep playing red rover with people because I keep drifting right out of habit. Oh well, I will learn.

They have a bunch of goofy words too. Lifts = elevator, toilets = restrooms, buggy = stroller. Just different. And for people who supposedly are speaking English, I have heard some conversations that have 2 real words thrown in with a bunch of non sense. I kicked my first meal off here with a hearty British meat pie, the original pasty. This had mashed potatoes, cant go wrong. The hostel is pretty good for what I was expecting. I have met a few people and we are heading to grab some dinner shortly. Tomorrow I head to London via bus, in the afternoon. First I will be doing a tour of Old Trafford (sp?) stadium, Manchester United Football Club plays there and I am also going to the national football museum before I skip town.

I dont know what Im doing...

About jwagenknecht


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.