Existing Member?

Juli's Jovial Journeys

Flowers for the Children

CHINA | Wednesday, 23 November 2016 | Views [361]

Two of the gardening ayis kindly pose for a picture

Two of the gardening ayis kindly pose for a picture

Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop…the rubber shoes clip clop across the floor, back and forth, back and forth as the ayis carry potted plants from one side of the building to the other. They place each plant to form a perfect balance of color, fullness of shape, and texture, creating a living image. The plants are the paints with which they work: pink, fuchsia, corrals, red, and varied hues of green. Plants with yellow and green leaves cluster around white columns, while tall, dark green spaths rise up surrounded below by circles of alternating red and fuchsia petals. The ayis delicately pick brown leaves and wilted blossoms, leaving behind healthy flora smiling from the care. Clip clop, clip clop an arrangement needs another pot here, move another one over there. They understand a language of design and move with ease around the plants like parents efficiently swaddling their child or dressing her in layer upon careful layer to play in the snow.

About julikramer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.