Existing Member?

NoFixedAddress

Ennis and Dublin

IRELAND | Tuesday, 16 February 2010 | Views [433]

Lahinch, ocean sport town

Lahinch, ocean sport town

I was sad to leave Dingle, but happy to be moving on to visit some more friends I had not seen since Australia. I stayed with my buddy Johnny in his village of Quinn (near Ennis). We went on a road trip to the Cliffs of Moher on the west coast. Along the way we stoped in a little surf town called Lahinch where there were surfers and kyakers enjoying the good weather. Then it was Doolin for lunch, its known for its traditional music at the locat pubs. The cliffs themselves were amazing, kind of remind me of the 12 Apposols in Australia for anyone who has been. The cliff are huge and jut out staight up from the ocean. We also made a trip to Galaway to take in the Greyhound races. Not something I would normally go see (not even sure if we have it at home?). It was entertaining enough but of course all I could think of was how the dogs are treated. Apparently the races are big there for stags and hen parties so there there loads of people dressed up in florecence and '80 gear, good for a laugh.

Next up Dublin! Dublin was not all its spectacular glory that I expected it to be but I think it is only becaue I had it worked up that way in my head. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely city with a lot of charm, but has a huge homless population and some extreamly seedy areas...maybe I really should stick to the tourist map when in the big cities, expecially when alone. I saw the Guiness Brewery and storehouse but didn't end up going in for a tour, so instead went to a pub and had my first Guiness experience there, where it was made to be drank! Trinity College is absolutly wonderful. Its completely encompassed in beautiful old buildings with lots of green space. Definalty somthing to see if visiting Dublin.


Next stop is Northern Ireland. Belfast. I was going to skip this but have heard so many great things about it, Im really excited. After a few days there and around Northern Ireland then its back to the UK!

About juliethenomad

Enjoying the beach in Dingle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.