Existing Member?

All aboard a trip abroad Ready, OK!

Day 7 - Ocktoberfest

GERMANY | Tuesday, 7 October 2008 | Views [454]

Day 7 Today we decided to take in some more history and head to Dachau where one of Hitler's first concentration camps were built. Instead of taking a tour we decided to get there ourselves which saved us round 50 euros. We went to the information centre next to Hauptbahnhof train station and asked for directions in english on how to get there. We headed off and for only 11 euro we had a return ticket for 3 of us. It took around 15 mins to get there and then a free bus dropped us off out the front. You can purchase audio guides from out the front for only 3 euro and then be on your way. The camp was a full on eye opener and it was so interesting and shocking at the same time, to see how these people were treated only 63 years ago. Most of the images shown are truly shocking and confronting. The tour at our own pace took a little over four hours and cost 15 euro for the 3 of us as opposed to 63 euro with a tour guide. Once we got home we decided to go to bed early as we were still catching up on sleep.

Tags: concentration camp, dachau, hitler, munich, tour

About juliedrewe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.