Existing Member?

All aboard a trip abroad Ready, OK!

Day 4 - Ocktoberfest

GERMANY | Saturday, 4 October 2008 | Views [518]

Day 4 Today we were up and at em! There was no time to worry about the lack of sleep, it was 6.30am and we had to leave early to get a good seat. We had some free toast with a quick coffe and then took off to the beer halls round 7am. We waited outside the Lowenbrau tent with our yellow fanatics shirts on and at 9am (on the dot) the doors opened and the people poured in through them like water through the flood gates. It was first in, best dressed and we headed straight for the middle seating, below the stage. We got great seats and still managed to stay with the rest of the Fanatics. We met everyone at our table who were all mostly Australian and then the drinking begain. A good solid 9hrs of it. everyone was drinking fast due to the overall excitment and at around 11am everyone was feeling the effects of the steins. The food was wonderful and we shared a big pork knuckle for 25 euro. We eventually ended our binge drinkathon and stumbled home in directions unknown. We were lucky Ronald Mcdonald satisfield our greasy craving and we hit the hay about 6pm, but yet again were woken by the sounds of chainsaw snoring, hardly any sleep!

Tags: beer, drinking, munich, ocktoberfest, snoring

About juliedrewe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.