Existing Member?

Eurpoean South African Adventure

Rainy Day in Canberra

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 26 June 2007 | Views [495] | Comments [2]

Well here I am - the first hurdle of having a taxi actually arrive was easily overcome (courtesy of Silver service cabs) we even made it to the airport in record time - and the driver was so excited he forgot to levy me the $11 booking fee!! However ensconsed in the sanctuary of the Qantas club the incessant rain in "drought struck" Canberra has stopped all flights into and out of Canberra!!!  Beaut - so this is turning out to be Judy's not so epic journey!!  Still optimistic that I will take off on time to get me to the Qantas club bar at Sydney international for a few liquid sleeping pills before take off for destination number one - Singapore - we do need to get our priorities right here!

So Nelson Mandela's 741 page "Long walk to Freedom" on my right and Dale the overly loud share trader on my left (so loud he even types loudly) I sit with eager anticipation of the two months ahead.....

Don't miss the next installment of this epic journey....:-)

Tags: Airports

 

Comments

1

Wow, your own blog!! Hope you made it out of Canberra and no doubt, England will be having the same weather!

  Zed Jun 26, 2007 9:42 PM

2

Hey Judy
great web blog thing, like the map. Keen to hear the next installment! Cheers.

  Sue Jun 27, 2007 7:42 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.