Existing Member?

A 'place' i have visited owadays as a grown man, I think so much about the things that I've been interested as a kid, and I realized that I keep my way to make friends, my imagination and fearless to new experiences. Friends is the family that we've chosen because we share likeab

Myself

MEXICO | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [463]

Nowadays as a grown man, I think so much about the things that I've been interested as a kid, and I realized that I keep my way to make friends, my imagination and fearless to new experiences. Friends is the family that we've chosen because we share likeability and experiences, sometimes secrets and madness, support good and bad times; but now I'll share them this hope.
My father is my hero, my icon. It's because his advices that I am who I am. He always told me "to win goals in life you need to work and to be the best you have to work hard and harder...". I keep that words in my mind all the time.
The time when I had to choose a profession I thoug: Is this what I'm looking to do the rest of my life? That was one of the biggest questions in my life. Definitely I knew that I could do something more, not just a career, so I finished my bachelor degree in Business Management, after that my interesting about photography grows. And now I'm looking something more what to do, looking for surprise me everyday, making me proud about myself, making proud to my people. I'm an amateur photographer, probably my work is not the best, but it's the best to me. The feeling when i'm photoshooting is indescribable, and when the people see my work and like them is priceless.
I used to think: the opportunities is about the place where you're living or if you're wealthy, or, there is no opportunities as a poor. I was watching a documentary in Nat Geo Channel, about some gangs in Central America (Guatelama, Nicaragua, El Salvador), some guy was talking about how easy is get in because the poorness, etc. I thoug: I'd like to work in Nat Geo to show to the world that the opportunities come if you look for it, if you work hard day by day, no matter the country where you born. I'd like to show to the world my community, my people, and at the end the world say: that was a guy from Mexico.
When I saw the Travel Photography Scolarship 2013 promotional video, while I was searching a Depeche Mode video in youtube, I had no doubt to participate and apply, automatically I opened the website to read what it was all about, I called to my girlfriend to tell her the situation, she told me that is a grat opportunity to me and we were glad together. "This is what I always wanted"- I said to everybody.
I'm a fearless person, i'm sure that I can do whatever I want in a different way than everybody, I love that the life surprises me day by day, the sky is the limit to me. Life is a risk.
As a succesful aplicant of the Travel Photography Scolarship 2013, it will be an honor to represent my country, my city, my friends and family. As the way as my father says: "working and working hard".

Tags: natgeo, photography, scholarship, travel

About juanadreangonzalez


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.