Existing Member?

Life is good, traveling is better

Discovering Johan Cruyff's land

COLOMBIA | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [185] | Scholarship Entry

Everybody wants to go to Brazil. It's fine and understandable because of Football World Cup will be play there. But, for me, a colombian guy, it would be better to know the one of my heroes land in 2014. Yeah! I'm talking about Johan Cruyff, that amazing 14 shirt player.

I'm 30 years old, so I couldn't see his goals, his celebrations live. Thank god we have television. For that reason I can say: 'I witnessed all that magic'. It's true, on a screen, but who cares, I could see the same that everyone about this complete player.

Reach to me the opportunity to visit netherland and I can't avoid to think that country have another really relevant places for me. And of course the expectative to be there and recognise the places when Cruyff began his history.

However, I have to say that many places as Amsterdam, Roterdam or La Haya (sadly remembered by colombian people because of Nicaragua legal conflict) seducing me a lot for different reasons.

The color pedestrian routes, something new in urbanism; and the places that tell us everything about tulip culture, are too a great motivation to go there.

Rembrant, like Cruyff, is another reason to visit the orange country. Besides, it is not frequently that you have the posibility to know the land of two artists: one of them in fields and the other one with brush.

Is a short story but is very honest. Johan is the best excuse, but believe me. I will find more about this incredible country. That's is guaranted

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About juakogaviria


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.