Existing Member?

The Deep End My recent great attempt to evade the New York winter

Finally out of the 'kok

THAILAND | Tuesday, 5 February 2008 | Views [368] | Comments [1]

After about a week of Bangkok, I started feeling as though I was slowly losing my grip on anything that makes sense in the world.  I was forced to stay 3 extra days because of visa issues and TET (Chinese new year).  Jumped on a train to Lopburi which is an old city several hours north of Bangkok that has many ruins.  In honesty, the reason for my visit is based exclusively on the fact that the city is overrun with monkeys and I like monkeys.

I can't say that I left Bangkok without a bang.  The last day there I met with a Canadian from Toronto who quit his IT job to travel and re-asses things.  Dude ends up being a total freak and we (gimpy Anna included) end up going to the Patpong district, which is much of what it sounds like.  After walking the streets and being hounded by about 700 dudes providing pamphlets with various wonderful sights to be seen in bars entitled "Balls" and "Dream Boy" and what we ended up getting suckered into "Super Pussy".  I would prefer not to mentions the things we saw in super pussy, but will say that there was a lot of talent and stringent discipline involved in the various crafts.

I'm very happy to be out of Bangkok

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Hey there. Sounds like you are having a few misadventures but there is no stray bacteria or parasites discussed yet, so your health seems in tact. How many of you are there? Have you found that special thing out there that makes us human? I bet it is not prostitution....

  remee Feb 11, 2008 1:48 PM

About jstern01


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.