Existing Member?

Southeast Asia "When I go on Japanese Airlines, I really love it because I like Japanese food." - Phil Collins

Krabi - Ao Nang

THAILAND | Sunday, 27 October 2013 | Views [1491]

(Still October 25th)

The 4 of us got to Ao Nang where we found really inexpensive bungalows to stay in (granted we walked around with our backpacks for a few hours before agreeing on something haha).  Anyways, these bungalows were pretty damn cheap and we got what we paid for, meaning holes in the walls and cold showers hahah shout out to Hannah + The Rubin Fam for lending me their cocoon travel sheet seeing as it has come in handy every night since then! :)

Dustin had mentioned that his main reason for his trip to Ao Nang was for the RedBull Cliff Diving Finals the next day, so we managed to book last minute tickets to the awesome event and retired to bed.

October26

The cliff diving finals had us up and waiting for our long boat to Hong Island at around 9am.  It was so much fun!  We took a 40 minute long boat ride over and when we showed up, there were a bunch of other boats in the area all with people watching and swimming around. Of course we immediately jumped off the boat and made our way closer to the divers - so close that I'd be surprised if we weren't on camera :-O seeing as we were about 20 feet away from where the divers were landing in the water!! The American came in 2nd, with a Russian winning 1st, and afterwards we did some snorkeling and had lunch and headed home.  We had made some Canadian + American friends, who were our age teaching English in the area, that we ended up partying with for the rest of the night!

October 27

The whole day we basically spent recovering and hanging out with our new friends on the beach while we planned out the trip to our next destination, Tonsai (about15 minutes by boat).  

 

About jsgknaus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.