Existing Member?

My Adventures

Día de Los muertos

MEXICO | Tuesday, 4 November 2014 | Views [239] | Comments [2]

so I am in Guadalajara and dia de Los muertos has been the last two nights.  It was pretty cool.  Lots of skeletons and people dressed up with their faces painted.  Guadalajara is nice.  I am staying in a hostel that is owned by a woman whose grandparents owned the home it is in.  It was thirty percent more expensive than the one down the street which was nicer, but this one  seemed more interesting and has been.  I am staying in a room with 4 other guys acutally.  one is 19 the other 26, the only ones I have met.  They are both living here for an extended period, both being students.  in keeping with trying new experiences and so forth, I ate at a Chinese buffet last night and had more vegetables in one meal than I've had over the whole month, literally.  At the travel clinic they give you a brochure which explicitly says NOT to eat at buffets but since I've been here a month and have mostly broken all the other rules like brushing your teeth with tap water, consuming drinks with ice cubes, and eating salads, i went for it.  Had a tiny bit of  stomach upset a few hours later and was worried for a little bit it it turned out ok.  Probably not going to do it again.  I went to a Mexican boxing gym tonight and went through an hour workout which has left me depleted.  The guy in my room goes and he told me about it.  I am having difficulty typing right now and can barely lift my arms.  It was a killer workout.  May go to the town of Tequila tomorrow and I spent most of the day today wandering aroung the university and the center, looking at murals.  There are also a ton of cool stret performers here.

Comments

1

Was the Chinese buffet run by Mexican's or Chinese?

- Charles

  charles Nov 5, 2014 12:08 PM

2

Chinese

  James Renola Nov 5, 2014 12:11 PM

About jrdenola


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.