Existing Member?

Finding Enlightenment in The American Southwest

Conversations with an Arizona Buddha

USA | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Julie Tijerina and I should be chosen for the travel writing scholarship because it would be the gates of cubicle purgatory thrown open and my writing will reflect that excitement. I know the drudgery of the 9 to 5 existence and I want to lift up another way to live. My stories for you will be inspiring and thought provoking. I want to fire up your readers and help them realize that seeing more of the world is possible.

It won’t matter if things don’t go as planned. In fact, it’s the wacky things that happen on the fly that make the best stories. Those are the stories I want to tell. I am resourceful, smart and willing to try anything once.

I’ll be honest - I didn’t see the ocean until I was 24, but that was it for me. The wanderlust hit me and my husband and we began to dream of cruising full-time almost immediately. He’s got a “work from anywhere” job, so I’d have the flexibility to travel wherever you wanted to send me. If it is a longer-term assignment, I can pack up my husband and take him with no more trouble than booking an extra plane ticket. Our expense, of course.

The only children in my life are nieces and a nephew and I would consider it an honor to show them by example to take every opportunity to follow their passion. That their lives don’t have to be dictated by a time clock and a paycheck. I would consider myself duty-bound on their behalf to make myself one of the best travel writers you’ve ever hired.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About journeyjulie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.