Existing Member?

The_Brohi

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 22 July 2010 | Views [336] | Scholarship Entry


I have always been fighting with myself. And have always been struggling in having faith in what I did. The failures in my life were mostly because of lack of faith in me, and the successes that I had were undoubtfully because of faith that I put in myself. With time I have come to know that faith is more than just a state of mind it’s a part of the hardwork that we put in our daily life. Infact the greatest hardwork is to put faith in what we do.

The future of our life is unknown and the right way to achieve the best of the future is to have faith. So my chosen subject matter is connected with faith. It was a trip that we took to the southern side of Pakistan. An expectedly normal trip turned into a dangerous and very adventurous one. This seemed a good subject for me, since it involved a real journey and I had an inner transformation while the trip.

Luckily I had got few shots while on that trip. But the first thing that I did before putting the videos on edit, was writing the narration. It was a one day trip with many obstacles in it and was fairly difficult to cover everything in a 3 minute narration. So I wrote the most important things and major obstacles that we faced in the trip. After pointing out those, then I wrote it as a narration. I tried to give it a feel that it’s me who is directly telling the story, instead of a third person talking about my journey.

I think this is a very ideal time to be a documentary maker in Pakistan. There are so many issues to talk about. And one of the best way to highlight those issues is to make creative documentaries about them. There are NGOs who are hiring filmmakers to highlight the social issues that they are working on. Even the TV Channels and independent production houses also want documentary makers to work with them.

I personally have interest in documentaries which represent self discovery. My ambition is to make documentaries which are closer to life and yet give a new perspective on how to live the life. Offcourse I will be working on the same social issues that everyone else works on, but its all about presentation. I think a documentary becomes much interesting if it’s connected with the feelings and struggles of a common person. I have planned that as soon as I finish my studies, I will team up with few of my friends and start working on professional documentaries. Hopefully that will be an interesting journey ;) 

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About journey_of_hope


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.