Existing Member?

Citizen of the world

Roadtrip - Living is the key

MACEDONIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [659] | Scholarship Entry

It’s been a long time since I started telling stories, which led me to the bachelor‘s degree I’m undertaking –Audiovisual & Multimedia, about to finish my third and last year. Between weekend jobs and volunteering in Lisbon film festivals, I understood that to describe an orange I needed to taste it first, so I decided I had to live life. Applied for an exchange, got it and went to Czech Republic and there, in 6 months, my life started. Living with 400 internationals I started understanding how suffered or happy lives sound like or how love and friendship look like. It was the affection for a friend that made me portray her (https://vimeo.com/5414007) or the thought of forgetting that made me record them (https://vimeo.com/56287713). It was the thrill of criticizing that awarded me the first prize at a local film festival(https://vimeo.com/54195074). My life became living, opposing to existing, and this can only go with travelling, meeting new people so I can change others with the stories I collect. I want to direct films that create an effect on people. Without steps, stairs are unsurpassable walls. This scholarship is a key step in my formation. What inspired me? Living life.

Tags: travel film scholarships 2013

About josevieiralopes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Macedonia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.