Existing Member?

josephsharp

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 14 June 2011 | Views [246] | Scholarship Entry

As an aspiring documentary filmmaker, I am always looking for opportunities to develop my creative style. I want to make films across the world, experiencing and capturing new cultures, raising issues and provoking thought. This scholarship not only gives unique access to learn from an industry professional, but also witness a clash of modernity and tradition from an indigenous peoples perspective.
I began my journey as a documentary student in South Wales, UK, discovering my visual strengths and winning the prestigious Royal Television Society’s Undergraduate Documentary Award. Since then I have been working on a number of documentary ideas, seeking funding and producing promotional films, continually honing my style and developing my skills.
‘Susan May’ considers a jeweler’s encounter with her surroundings, documenting her process of interpreting the world to form her work. My interest in traditional culture in the modern world inspired this film; the local blacksmith transformed into the designer jeweler. The way Susan articulated her passion and creative process resonated with how I feel about filmmaking. In that sense you could consider the film, on a personal level, to explore the encounter of two art forms; local in their process, but worlds apart in their realization.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About josephsharp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.