Existing Member?

The Big O.E

Two journal posts in one day? Wonders will never cease!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 23 September 2009 | Views [652] | Comments [2]

Forgot to mention a few things in that last posting.

Thursday 17th: I caught up with a friend Michelle from Verdon. Hadn't seen her for about 13 years so it was good to find out what had been going on with her and her friends since the Verdon/Uni days. Had a few drinks and some kick-ass pizza in Shepherds Bush. Quite like Shepherd's Bush actually, it's a bit like Clapham but with more Australian's. Also has the biggest Westfield Shopping centre in the northern Hemisphere. It's definitely comparable in size to the one in Bondi Junction.

Friday 18th: Caught up with Gareth Larson, another mate from Invercargill and had a few beers with him and crashed on his couch, before going down the street the next morning to visit Tim and watch the All Blacks play the Wallabies. I thought they played really well, and that bit from the 70th minute where they went from one end of the field to the other was the best bit of rugby I'd seen from anyone in the last couple of years really.

South Africa are still the current No.1's, but I think the AB's will really improve. Besides, no other country in the world could lose 17 players after a world cup and still put on a pretty decent team. It'd be interesting to see how SA go if they lost a couple of key players like we did this year. Still, they deserved to win, even if all they do is kick goals. If I wanted to watch goals kicked, I'd watch football.

Enough about the rugby.

Anyway, after Craig and Linda's I'm half thinking of checking into a hostel for a week or so for a bit of variation, maybe meet some new people. My friends won't be here forever and a few are heading home next year (Gareth is leaving on Friday, actually) so it'll be good to get out and about a bit more.

I've also booked a trip to Bath in mid-October which should be really good. While I'm there, I'll pop over to Wales, if I'm not working. And the other day, friends and I booked trips to Hamburg (Germany), come December. Supposedly it is rated in the top 5 Christmas markets in Europe. Hooray, I think.

So even though things have been a bit quiet lately, it means there's a bit to look forward to.

PS - I also saw one of my favourite actors, Paddy Cosidine today. I half pointed at him and he saw me. I felt like an idiot for pointing (it was only half a point, honest).

Laters,

Comments

1

You'll have to update more often. Just love reading all about your trip. Sounds brilliant. Alls well here. Thinking of you often. Take care Moira & Co

  Moira Sep 24, 2009 9:38 PM

2

Nooo. Bath too soon. We'll be living there early next year. You'll have to come back and visit all over again (for me to whop you at Singstar)

  Damo Oct 15, 2009 11:25 AM

About jono_79

I'm excited about my cake, as you can see.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.