Existing Member?

The Big O.E

Nothing much to report, but I did play some cricket

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 14 August 2009 | Views [275]

So yeah, haven't really done much lately. Funds are slowly decreasing although I have been keeping an eye on them lately. The good exchange rate (1.97 to 1 the other day!) means my dollars go a bit further.

All I've really been doing is looking after Tim's place and trying to this damn portfolio out the door. It always takes longer than you think, but I should get it finished by this weekend, I reckon. Then I just have to wait for Jonesy to code my website up for me and I'll be able to start the job hunting properly, instead of just scouting websites for potential opportunities.

So cricket. Filled in for a mates team the other day and we got spanked. We made 116 all out after being 98 for 3. I was the not out batsman on 0, only faced a couple of balls.

They got there for the loss of one wicket although we put a couple of chances down. I also had the honour of being hit for the biggest six I've ever seen. I'm sure that when the ball came back down, it was covered in ice.

However, it was a really lovely days cricket. The ground (Kew Gardens) was very nice, the outfield very quick, although when we bowled there wasn't much juice left in the wicket so it became quite easy to bat on. Also, in between innings the other team put on afternoon tea which was delicious.

The coolest thing was the Radio Frequency scoreboard they had. They had a box which you punched in the numbers and the scoreboard updated itself automatically. Bloody cool.

It was a actual cricket club too - none of this "rugby in the winter, cricket in the summer" stuff. There was even a little bar inside the tearooms too.

So despite the result, it was a real enjoyable days cricket.

In other news, I'm also going to be house-sitting for two weeks when another mate Tim goes away to Italy and Spain. More free rent! It's in Clapham too and I know a few people there now.

Right, I'm off. Hope all is well.

About jono_79

I'm excited about my cake, as you can see.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.