Existing Member?

Beginnings Of My Blissful Adventures At 22

Beginnings Of My Blissful Adventures At 22

PHILIPPINES | Friday, 14 June 2013 | Views [271]

I'm Joni Lee Francisco from Manila, Philippines. I'm 22 years old and I work as an Online English Teacher. I started traveling when I was 20, going camping in several provinces just outside the city. I undergone an Ovarian Cystectomy months after I turned 21. I only have one healthy ovary left but this shortcoming didn't stop me from pursuing my dream of traveling and capturing scenic landscapes. I started traveling in different parts of the Philippines. I also started discovering what it is like to be a "nomad" bringing only a backpack, couple of money and a Nikon L310 camera with me. 

On my 22nd Birthday, I went to El Nido, Palawan. The place was very scenic, and personally, I felt that I was already starting my "blissful adventure." The islands around El Nido were very fascinating and picture-perfect. The place is something that makes me proud to be a Filipino.

I hope that I will be chosen for the Scholarship because I know that I have a lot to offer and I'm eager to learn and experience new things. I wanted to show everyone that whatever circumstance he/she is going through right now, it will never be a hindrance in achieving his/her goals in life.

About jonifrancisco

Inside the Big Lagoon

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.