Existing Member?

THE BIG ADVENTURE 2

Greetings from sunny Sao Paulo

BRAZIL | Monday, 8 September 2014 | Views [245]

Well hello again. Sorry for the delay in updating the blog but we've been having some trouble getting online. Although WiFi is available everywhere we haven't been able to connect. Apparently we're not the only ones so it's not just because we are technophobes! Anyway we have now discovered a lovely cafe near the hostel where we can get connected and not only specialises in coffee but serves vegetarian options too. Result! One more technical issue is that we can't download the app required to upload photos to this blog (not supported by the Kindle) so we are looking at either putting them on the Amazon Cloud and sharing from there or trying a different blog site but we'll let you know. Oh and the phone has died and the charger appears to be knackered!

Anyway, technical issues aside, we are having a fantastic time here in Sao Paulo. Vila Madelena where we are staying is a really relaxed, bohemian and safe neighbourhood with a vibrant cafe/bar society which leads to a lively scene both day and night! There are lots of lovely boutiques and galleries to browse in and a couple of "graffiti streets" which we will share the photos of asap.

It's easy to get round the city on public transport and you can get from one end of this massive city to the other for less than a quid if you don't leave the metro. Just as well as we are trying to pack as much in as possible. We've been to the beautiful Parque Ibirapuera which has been likened to Central Park as it is an oasis of green surrounded by skyscrapers. We've also visited the excellent contemporary art museum (MAC) and the Japanese district of Liberdade. There is so much to see and do in this city of 17 million people, 6 million cars and 15,000 buses and we are thoroughly enjoying exploring it. 

About jonathan1966


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.