Existing Member?

The Great Overseas Trip

La Alberca - Pueblo Ingles Week 2 : Aug 14 - Aug 21

SPAIN | Friday, 21 August 2009 | Views [861]

August 14

After watching the bus leave, Lisa and I head off to my room for a bit of rest and relaxation and to prepare for the next group.

At 5.30pm we head down to the meeting room for another game of Human Bingo and everyone seems very nice so fat, and a great thing is that there are a couple of nice looking boys! yay! haha

August 15

As usual breakfast at 9am, however this morning Amelia (our new MC) comes to my table and asks if i could participate in theatre, unfortunately is not really a question, but more of a statement, so will be interesting to see what happens later today!

The day progesses as normal, however at siesta time there is no juggling or hoola-hooping, so we just relax and tan a bit.

Theatre time. There was five of us all sitting in a row with our legs crossed to the left.  I was first dressed as a rich lady, beside me was a guy as a teenager, then a lady as a nun, then a guy as a 'lady' and finally another girl as a hippy chic.  I started by saying 'is it time yet?' to the teenager and then he turned and asked the nun beside him and so on, until it got to the hippy chic who sort high powers and came back with the answer no, which then got passed back down the line to me.  This happened 4 times, with a pause in between each one, as if we were waiting for a bus or something.  On the fourth time, the answer came back yes, and when it got back to me i sighed and then at the same time we all changed our legs to be crossed on the right.  This got quite a laugh, so we were all pretty pleased with our effort!

Afterwards we headed into La Alberca to see the final night of the festival, it started to rain a bit, but once finished a band came out and played some songs and the square was packed! We headed home about 2ish, but some didn't get back unil 6am, ouch on the first night!

August 16

Another usual day, and of course Quemada after dinner with today being Sunday.  An American Marc made a complete fool out of himself being extremely drunk and obnoxious, and even tried to start kissing me, hell no, thank you! Again we sang 'Tie me kangaroo down sport' and everyone joined in, but the highlight was the English with 'What shall we do with the drunken sailor', love that song!!!  The group is starting to gel more, but there are still a few clique groups, that i just don't think will join in with much, but the ones that do, are still very nice and make up for everyone else!

August 17

Again, the day went as last week, and tonight was party night, yay!  Mostly everyone joined in and had a boogy, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself, and maybe even a little too much, because Lisa had to escort me home at about 5am, oops!  We ended up at the pool again, but instead of just enjoying ourselves like last week, some people decided to help themselves to the beers in the bar, so will be interesting to see if anything is said tomoz.

August 18

Excursion morning, thank goodness! Lisa, Jaime & Javier (Spaniards), Bronson (American) and I walked together, or rather stumbled along together and i think everyone was feeling very poorly.  Lisa and i think Peter (the bar tender) was very generous to us with his drinks last night, as we are def more hungover than the previous week and yet only spent about €15.

Lunch was very good fun.  We had a great table and because all of us were very sick, the only conversation we could really muster up was chinese whispers, so that entertained us for a while. 

I think the pool was clear during siesta time, because everyone i spoke to said they actually siesta'd during siesta time, haha! 

A quick dinner and then everyone went pretty much straight to bed!

August 19

The best thing about Wed & Thurs is that during our one to ones we can play games like taboo and trivial pursuit.  Just the usual today, same theatre, diff people, as last week, and tonight went to bed fairly early again, which i am very glad about, because in the morning we found out that some went to the pool again...

August 20

Yesterday was a major struggle for me, and i'm hoping today will be better!

Lisa was in theatre and did a marvellous job!

Another party with more dancing but this time it was def more celebration than goodbyes, so suited Lisa and i fine! Again another late night about 4am.

August 21

Friday, yay!!!!!! While i have had a great time here and met some really lovely people, am def ready to move on, stop talking and start travelling again!

At graduation unlike last week, no one really said anything, apart from the American Marc who made another fool of himself by insulting the Spanish and saying 'kiss my ass' in Spanish.  Not cool!

Instead of heading back to Madrid to go to Lisbon, Portugal, we caught a lift with Marta and Carlos (the hottest boy in town, haha!) and had a very pleasant hour ride to Salamanca, and then another pleasant hour driving around Salamanca looking for our hostel! Thank goodness Carlos is not just hot, but a really, really nice guy and was very patient!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.