Existing Member?

The Great Overseas Trip

Canterbury & Boughton: July 22 & 23

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 23 July 2009 | Views [238]

July 22

YAY! The Cathedral was open, brilliant! Was absolutely outrageous! was one of the massivest churches i have ever seen! took about 2 hours to walk through and that wasn't even stopping to look at everything! Was really beautiful and if anybody comes to Kent i would highly recommend goint to visit it.  I don't think the photos will do it justice, but hopefully will give an idea of what it was like.

After this we went for a bit of a shop...Lisa needed some shoes and she bought a new pair of bathers as well.  Of course by this time we were a little parched, so had to drop in for a pear cider at a pub, haha.

Managed to work out the bus system and caught the bus from Canterbury back to Boughton.  Had a quick bite of eggs, bacon and potatoes and then we headed to the Cinema to watch Harry Potter.

July 23

Today has been a good day of rest...got up late (although i still can't manage to sleep in past 7.30, but just lay in bed until about 9ish) and then we made our way to a factory outlet kind of place like DFO. 

Got home about 3pmish and will spend the rest of the day relaxing and packing our bags to catch the bus/ferry over the Channel and onto Paris, arriving 6.45am Friday morning.

Really can't wait to see Le Tour de France on Sunday, but wish Lance Armstrong was leading the team! Oh, well...

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.