Existing Member?

My first day in BKK August 23- First DAY in the big city of SIN...:P

Brunei Water village

BRUNEI DARUSSALAM | Monday, 30 June 2008 | Views [361]

Right is time to do some exploring, first stop the water village than to another freaking mall to meet my parents for lunch. I took the car down to the pier and caught the water taxi. well guys is not what expected. Water was dark yellow and has floaties in it. i wonder what it is, i hop off to the village, as you can imagine i wasn't expecting to be venice. But it is intriguing. Walk along the wooden path and you see people living in this little house with little much they cant afford but they seem happy. Met a lovely young boy and he seems to be intrigue to see me, his mum was lovely and we had chat. She show me around and they had a little small cafe (not the posh ones) i mean very little with little to offer but the gesture was nice. In life when you open your heart and mind to everything you see things that amaze you. We live in a world of materialism and  power/status.

Sometimes when we lost our senses to cruel world, the simple things life that matter is ignore and simple gestures, a smile of lover/friend and even a hug cherish the most memorable part of our life. As we accept people in our heart with boundaries we gain the knowledge of forgiveness and humility. Noble idea as it seems we do treat people like material, you see people with high fashion (we all want to look good) somehow many as i said do dress as "mutton as lamb" and we upgrade our lovers like a ipod or computer ( am bored with my current version i need a upgrade).

Anyhow my trip finish at the school centre and i spend 3 hrs wondering the village. Bought some fresh fish and seafood for dinner and than i was shock, i wanted to use the loo in the school and it was primitive, everything goes down to the sea.Guys ( the fish in the sea is being torture by our sewage) Suddenly it wasnt appetizing to eat the fish and the rest. Does it mean i am eating shit???

I went saw my parents and told them where i been. Went to Yayasan shopping mall for lunch, was a nice location next to the huge mosque that i am going to visit tomorrow. Bought some mags and books to read on the way home and the day ended with a nice weather.

About joey698


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brunei Darussalam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.