Existing Member?

My first day in BKK August 23- First DAY in the big city of SIN...:P

BKK Day 2

THAILAND | Tuesday, 24 June 2008 | Views [255]

August 24

Had a great sleep last night, woke up this morning dying for a strong black coffee. I decided to get up, put on my shorts and singlet and hunt down my coffee addiction.

Beautiful morning, as i recall, gentle warm wind caress my skin with slight tinge of salty smell air. Walk for 20 mins, couldnt find a bloody coffee shop that is open. Heaven forbid, that i am in desperate mode, finally at the end of the tunnel i saw Starbucks, that will do. That would do for now, got me coffee and walk back to the condo.

The place i stay have a certain character to it, almost reminds me of south london, rundown but yet retain its charimastic nature of old bangkok. Street cats and dogs stray across each alley, looking for whatever scraps they can gather for their monrning breakfast. The smell of sewage drain and morning air does make it rather unique.

Back to the condo, got myself ready, put on my swim trunk when to gym and pool for an hour of intense exercise. Much to surprise i felt totally energetic and was ready to hit the city.

First stop, Paragon mall where high fashion meets the carrie in me. Valentino, D&G, JASPAL...etc...what can a guy ask for more besides a platinum card which i can't afford. It was great to see what is offer. Went round the floors and spoted an excellent book shop and sat there for an hour browsing every shelf i can come upon. Did a few high fashion shopping  but i just try it on and not buy as it says you either in or you are out..am defnitely out of the fashion spree.

As time pass when you have fun, i went to Silom to meet my xflatmate who is here by chance at the same time. Met his new found bf which totally struck me like a mullet ( i shall no tponder on theat matter as it is cynnical). Was great to see him and once thing i realise about BKK is that everyone is very much into so call "catexis love." Why would i say that...look upon the streets of BKK and you would realise the city of pleasure meets agony but by choice of one individual. Intriguing to my self pleasure i am fascinated by the body language and accept the fact that "love is not a feeling but rather an act of will and by choice."

Older man with young thai woman or boys (well they look like bois but rather than my perception judging they could be a man). Any how, we had coffee walk through silom streets where i struck by the amount of sex parlour and "F" show they display. It was day time so nothing is open (thank god for that) call me prue but rather not my thing, each to their own kind but i have to say in life we have to experience things out of our comfort zone to put things in perspective.

I guess the reason why oler man find their dreams of a lovely woman/man do exist in BKK. Think of it of a transaction that would mutually benefit each other in terms of sex, money, affection and passion of a few days. Ironic but it does work for some people i guess. Detachment and resistant to their emotions they face each day like a drug addict. One good "f" would last 5 mins at least and than back to the deep hole of emptiness. I am speculating here so my perception might be wrong and some people do find "love".

After a huge walk i am exhausted from the heat. And one thing about thai girls they are exceptionally stunning and some guys too. Rather malnourish for the guys and i felt like a big fat orca whale compared to them.You kind of want to stuff a million burger up their throat and say "EAT" nobody wants to look like a lollipop. Well the honest tuth is survival of the fittest and one cant afford lifestyle as one would like. Sad but true in BKK. Anyhone i was aware the someeone could get a harpoon out and shoot me for i can probably feed the whole village.

The day went fast and i got the train back to the condo. Going to dinner with D and his mates and it was fantastic. Had a good laugh and enjoy the company very much. Excellent restaurant called FACE in mid city and had indian with good chat along the nite. Lovely girls from australia and D was a good host through the night. Didnt felt out of place, sometimes you can be a gooseberry if you really dont know people for the first time. Had a good night and everyone look amazing that night...(samantha in me talking) eat eat distract....

Went to bed with my routine of self reflection on the day spent. All is well that ends well, and fate play huge part in our lifes as we like it or not. What may come of tomorrow when one more day, one more night on each persons life is taken by yesterday. Future holds great demand for one's dream whether is a good "f" or to find the "Love" is a admist of confusion in BKK.

About joey698


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.