Existing Member?

Joe's travels

Hidden Treasure

MOROCCO | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

How Did I end up here? Actually I don’t know!

Have you ever think that you live in the wrong part of the world?
Have you ever been in the middle of a conversation, suddenly you realize that you cannot remember the sequence of events which made you the person you are? Few second later you ask other questions; Are you really in love with the person you are in love with? Do you like your job and your city? Is your God the right one to worship? Do you know why you are an atheist? Being so strange as everyone say, couldn’t be a sign that you have to leave everything behind and go for the adventure you have always dreamed of?

Well actually I had been in many situations like that, and I think I had enough of my lifestyle; I was not born to have a single job, to buy a house, and to be married with the person I think I am in love with.

I lived and worked for four years in Tinerhir, a city in the grand Atlas Mountain, I asked to be transferred to Dakhla, a city in the western south of Morocco.Living in a city which is far two hundred kilometres from Larache, my hometown, might be considered for some people as a nomad experience, I actually almost believed that in some occasions, however, I' didn’t find a big difference in people’s hearts! I think that the real nomad experience for me will be the day I am going to have a big trip, to see other people who believe in different things, things I’ve been always told to be afraid of!
I am 27 years old now, I am a music teacher, a cultural activist in my community, I started to be more stronger thanks to everyone supporting me, but still, there is a treasure right in front of me and I am not able to see it!
Santiago the Spanish boy from L'Alchimiste, has always been so close to a treasure, but he had to go for his adventure, from his town to Morocco, then to Egypt in order to realize that his treasure was always in front of his eyes!

I need to know why people who do not travel think that there are only two kinds of persons: Right and wrong! I cannot understand myself unless I take my time to know people from other cultures, other stories and other hidden treasures!
I know I have to take a break of my actual life, I hope I will have the courage to leave my unexacting reality for true!

So, how did I end up here? I think I need an adventure to remember the sequence of events!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About joelyaouti


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.