Existing Member?

Anthropological fieldwork in Peru, 2013 "If it's inaccessible to the poor it's neither radical or revolutionary" http://silkroad2015.tumblr.com/

Afluentes / a short documentary

PERU | Saturday, 29 August 2015 | Views [423] | Scholarship Entry

Born in Lisbon, Portugal (1984). I'm passionate about traveling and visual storytelling. As a trained visual anthropologist with the University of Manchester I have gained the necessary skills to produce compelling documentaries about the human world. I'm an experienced traveler, fluent in 5 languages, in my life have already been in over 40 countries all over the world and always try to be part of social solidarity projects along my journeys.
For example, I'm presently writing this application from Ulaanbaatar (the capital of Mongolia). In 2015, I have been working as invited filmmaker for Italian NGO Bambini Nel Deserto and we will cross all of Central Asia by land (30.000 km. in a total of 8 months). Why? It started in West Africa in 2009, we are a solar powered itinerant cinema showings documentaries and cartoons for free for children living in some of the most isolated places in the world. This is the kind of project I am so very passionate about: when I can artistically apply my relentless creativity and simultaneously make an altruistic stand. Which hopefully will make a difference into someones' life, no matter how small that might be, a true smile sometimes is enough for me. I usually research, film and edit my own material and am now learning how to work with After Effects as well. Definitely my background in social sciences and field practice in anthropology are the main pluses for being chosen to go to Colombia to capture the beauty of its places and people.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About joaomrmeirinhos


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.