Existing Member?

UK Italy Germany 2014

Oxford Steet shopping & farewell dinner

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 11 August 2014 | Views [323]

This was catch our breath day - washing, blogging, writing postcards etc. After lunch we took the bus and tube to Oxford Circus (door to door 20 minutes), where Richard reluctantly succumbed to some retail therapy, actually, buying presents. In the evening, Lisa took us out to her favourite French restaurant for a farewell meal. Unfortunately Ed was feeling too tired after his busy weekend running a spider workshop and driving to Woodhouse Eves, and had to go to bed early. We were then down to a party of four, as Yas is now in Botswana doing some voluntary work at an AIDS hospital as part of her medical training.

The food was superb, tender duck breast with sour cherry sauce, seafood pie, baked sea bass, followed by magnificent shared desserts of lemon tart, chocolate fondant, frozen berries with custard, and a syrupy pear pastry. YUM!

This was very special to have an evening with Lisa and Nikki, with a toast to remember our absent family Ed and far away Yas.

About joanimil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.