Existing Member?

Peru! Guinea pig, here I come!

Pre-Peru

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 3 September 2007 | Views [524] | Comments [2]

So, 4 weeks left and I am starting to think I should be packing.  Calm down Jo, you may need to wear some of the clothes you'll take between now and then.

Found this randomly on the net and thought I should take advantage, so here I am!  My itinerary is as follows:

Oct 3 - leave lovely hobart for sydney; spend night catching up with new family for the next ten weeks - Jess, Henry, Clare, Hannah and Rob.

Oct 4 - jump on my first ever international flight with apparently the worst airline ever (there is a reason it was so cheap...) and fly to -wait for it!...- Auckland!  I can't remember how long the stopovers are for, probably long enough to visit the airport coffee shop.  Then back on the plane for Buenos Aires, then finally to Lima!  Spend first night in hotel in Lima.

Oct 6 - fly up to Cajamarca where we will be based for the following 6 weeks.  Attempt to make my shocking spanish understood.

Oct 7 - My birthday!  And Jack and Hannah join us in Cajamarca. 

Either the first three or the last three weeks I will spend in the 'Blue Poncho Lodge' in the Andes doing clinics, and the other three will be in Cajamarca at the regional hospital.

Nov 18 - fly from cajamarca to Cusco (via Lima), where we will spend a day white water rafting (on class III/IV rapids...oh crap) and then do the Inca trail. 

Nov 23 - back to Lima for a few days shopping and site seeing before we say goodbye to Peru.

Nov 27...ish... - into BA for 6 days shopping, relaxing, site seeing and tango!  Wooohooo!

Dec 2 - leave BA and fly to Auckland, where we arrive on Dec 4.  Sorry Sarah, your birthday didn't exist this year!

Dec 10 - fly back to syd.

Dec 11 - to melb for the night to catch up with everyone there then home.

So that is my trip!  Hopefully I will be able to put a blog on here once a week or so to tell you all of my journey.  Pass it round to anyone you think may be interested.  I'll try to put a squeamish warning on anything to medical :)

Love you all!

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

I am going to miss you JO!!! :(

But u will have an awesome time! ENJOY!

  Raegan Sep 10, 2007 11:31 AM

2

Have fun but don't forget to buy me BIG pressie...

K x x

  Kirby Sep 10, 2007 11:33 AM

About jo_hits_world


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.