Existing Member?

India and Joannes Eastern Adventure

Pre adventure

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 17 August 2009 | Views [282] | Comments [1]

So, it's only 17th August and we still have a 7 week countdown before we head off to Bangkok, Thailand by air from New Zealand. India is working hard and I having finished my job, am writing a book, completing spreadsheets for my landlady, and generally playing house frau.

We just can't wait to head off to Asia, although I must say my reservations about cold showers and squat toilets are becoming more apparent...

We have our insurance, we have our first two nights accommodation booked in Bangkok at the 'Shanty House' - 15 mins away from the hustle and bustle and we treated ourselves to an en suite for $15NZD per night. Bargainous one might say.

I'm looking forward to learning about Buddhism, seeing the temples, learning of the history and plights of these countries, the food, the ramshackle public transport, the bargains to be had, not looking forward to the begging and poverty, the guilt for being a rich westerner, squat toilets and cold showers, but overall we are looking forward to embracing the developing world as much as possible and learning everything we possibly can about just another small part of the world we live in.

Comments

1

testy test test test

  test Aug 17, 2009 11:55 AM

About jo_explorer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.