Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Egypt

EGYPT | Wednesday, 11 November 2009 | Views [491] | Comments [2]

Egypt for 10 nights is guaranteed to blow your mind. We went on a travel talk tour, so all accom, transport, guides etc was organised and im really glad we did this as i think we would have had quite a time takling egypt.

Started off with 2 days in Cairo, the sphinx, pyramids, police on camels, and men proclaiming Jayden a lucky man as he had 2 wives. No he hasnt got another wife but just was lucky enough to be walking around with Sharade and me! Then an overnight train to Aswan. Dodgy train, but like i said we had our guide to negotiate everything for us so that took the stress out of the situation. Highlights in Asawn were definately a dinner in the Nubian village. They literally had pet crocodiles... very cool. From here we boarded our feluca for 2 nights. A feluca is a really basic sailing boat. No toilets, no running water, electrcity etc. Just one big matress,a couple of blakets, 15 fun people, an ipod and an eski full of beer. Definately a recipe for FUN! At night we would stop on the side of the nile and have a bon fire. The nubians would get out their drums and we would drink and dance around the fire. As i said no toilets so it was a matter of grab some toilet paper and find a bush on the bank. Sharade and i did this one day, and mid toilet an Egyptian farmer had sneaked up on us and was asking for 'baksheesh', which is a tip. Not only did he interupt our little toilet stop but scared the shit out of us.

We sailed to Luxor and stayed in an amazing resort. From here we saw the Valley of the Kings, more bloody temples, and rode donkeys. I swear Jayden was actually bigger than his donkey, the poor malnutritioned animals. We fed them some apples after carrying our heavy asses up the hill. Then back to Cairo for the Egyptian Museum, mosque and the Egyptian market.

Egypt is a place like no other and i saw some crazy stuff there, and had some unbelievable experiences. Amongst a few...

Dead donkeys in the Nile.

Men trying to sneak up on women as they are in the toilet asking for tip.

Jayden being offered 500 camels for me, and another time 2 chicken with no legs .

Being ripped of an buying 24 cans of non alcoholic beer, and then arguing with the men in the shop to get a refund for 1 hour.

Dancing around a bonfire with a tribe of Nubians.

Playing with pet crocodiles.

Macdonals by motorbike delivery.

Knowing the whole tours bowel movements as we all got sick at one stage or the other. Definately an ice breaker.

Comments

1

Egyptian farmer had sneaked up on us and was asking for 'baksheesh', which is a tip

are you sure he asked for a tip or whether you wanted to see his tip ?

  simon berton Nov 12, 2009 2:52 PM

2

Did you mean a scared the shit out of you - literally? would have been ugly.

  andrea loricchiella Nov 16, 2009 3:53 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.