Existing Member?

MuchoDivertido

Sorry it took so long

MEXICO | Thursday, 29 November 2007 | Views [463] | Comments [7]

Hello my friends! I am sorry it took me so long to write but internet access is few and far between not to mention I lose track of time when Im having margaritas and cervezas for breakfast! And let me give the obligatory aplogogy for the mass email. Im sure you can handle it.


Anyways... I have been gone for a month now and I am having a great time. I sailed from San Quintin (south of ensenada, baja mex.) to cabo san lucas on a very small, beat up trimaran. The other crew were great, the captain was not so great. I made it there safely and it was definately and adventure. From cabo, I crewed on a beautiful 47 foot catamaran to La Paz. It was a great leg of my trip. Mellow and beautiful scenery...I had my own stateroom and head and we drankjack on the rocks for "happy hour" every day. From La Paz, I took a ferry to Mazatlan. I was the only gringo on the entire boat. In mazatlan I met up with a family I had met earlier. The have 3 young daughters (way too you for all of you pervs) and a 51 foot boat. With the family and crew there have been 7 of us on board so I sleep in the cockpit every night.

We spent a week in mazatlan at the marina which was also a time share resort so it had a pool and bars and showers and laundry. It was very relaxing, except for the three daughters who often times whine incessantly. We also had thanksgiving in Maz, all of us went to an authentic mexican restaurant and didnt even think about turkey or stuffing or cranberry suace. After more than enough time in the marina we left for Isla Isabella. Its a small island and bird sanctuary with incredible snorkeling and diving. We spent couple of days there and then we sailed to San Blas, where we arrived two days ago. It is my favorite place so far. Its a beautiful beach and bay right at the edge of the jungle. We ate dinner with a local family right on the beach last night and they prepared the dorado (mahi-mahi) we had caught on the way from isla isabella. The we so nice! Today we took a panga ride (panga is a small fishing boat) up a river into the jungle and swam at a spring fed swimming hole. This place is paradise, even with all the mosquitos and no-see-ums!

Tomorrow or the next day I am taking a bus to Puerto Vallarta and then flying to Oaxaca. I am volunteering at a cooking school that Molly Beverly from the crossraods cafe hooked me up with. Ill be there for about two weeks and then its back tp prescott for a few days...so get ready for a party!

I havent been able to download any pictures yet but I have at least 600 already. Hopefully Ill have a slide show together when I get back.


I hope everyone is doing well. Please drop me a line if you get a chance, I always love hearing from my friends.


Hope to see you all soon,


Peace, love, and whiskey,


Pete

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

San Blas...I was there in 1979. Good banana bread and lots of hee-hee-nees. Very quiet and rustic. I suppose it's all developed now.
Please give my regards to Susana Trilling. I'm glad you made this connection. Working with her is something I've always wanted to do. Sending you is as close as I'm getting to that.
Everything is churning along at PC. Made Chili Colorado Turkey Gravy for Thanksgiving. Love, Molly

  Molly Beverly Nov 29, 2007 2:24 PM

2

Pete,
It sounds like a trip to behold. Definitely jealous :-)and definitely very happy to hear the happiness and high spirit in your voice. We will have to catch up and view some pics when you get back to civilization.

Enjoy yourself, be safe and continue to keep us in the loop.

Todd S.

  Cousin Todd Nov 30, 2007 1:10 AM

3

Pete! Your email was muy divertido, indeed. Continue to be safe, learn, enjoy, stay in touch and rock on! Love, Aunt M.

  Aunt Michelle and Uncle Rich Nov 30, 2007 6:00 AM

4

What a wonderful surprise to hear from you and especially this way. I am on my way out of the office but will definitely come back to this website this weekend after I read the rest of your journal. What an awesome website. Love you, MOM

  Mom Dec 1, 2007 4:03 AM

5

Pete,

I should have been on the top of this comment list. Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. Everyone was so excited to hear your holiday wishes on Thanksgiving. I wished I had picked up the phone but I thought the 800 number was from student loan collecters..lol.

It seems your trip is extremely eventful and worth all the hard work you put into it prior to. These are going to be one of the moments that remind you why we are here on this planet.

I think there is a small chance we may miss one another when you get back to Prescott. I will be hitting the road on December 16th and coming back and heading straight to Tucson on the 24th. From there I will leave to the Bay area for new years. I will be in Prescott from 1/3-1/17, and then Dana, Me, and yes Kate Cabot will be living in Portland waiting patiently for you and Brian's slow arrival.

I miss you very much and look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Love Rob

  Rob Nathan Dec 1, 2007 9:27 AM

6

Godspeed....My friend....Love to hear more....Hope all is well..I am very pleased!....You were made for these adventures. I pray they lead you to bliss and peace.....However you perceive it to be?.........................................................................See ya in South Kak-o-Lac...Pide Piper

  Johnson Dietz Dec 1, 2007 7:49 PM

7

Hey Pete!

Sorry we missed you in La Paz. . . you jumped on the ferry before we saw you. Good luck on this leg of your travels. . . . Ron returns to La Paz in February and then will do the Sea of Cortez from there.

Hope you are having fun! Take care, Angi & Captain Ron

  Angi & Ron Dec 10, 2007 4:31 PM

About jivewalrus


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.