Existing Member?

Sapa. A place trapped in time.

Sapa - A place trapped in time.

VIETNAM | Sunday, 23 November 2014 | Views [160]

In 2013, I left my career and boarded a flight to see the world. Twenty two months later, I have come to the realisation that the more stamps my passport collects, the world seems to grow that little bit extra. Instead of ticking off bucket lists, the potential connections that I can make with places and people now become the driving force in where my compass points.

It is this driving force has now led me to Vietnam. It’s the land of my heritage, the country that my parents fled from, on a rickety old boat in 1978 while I was still in my mother’s womb. I am here to uncover what it means to be Vietnamese - a Vietnamese, born in Australia.

My interest in photography goes back only two years just prior to leaving for this journey. With my photographs, I try to challenge people’s outlook on the world. I pour every bit of my being into every shot in an attempt to take the reader to that location, to make them want to be there. This opportunity will give me the opportunity to learn from Jason and gain the tools and confidence in identifying and peeling back barriers that I feel, prevent me from seeing the potential stories in the places that I am extremely fortunate to go to.

NOTE: Error message appears for Flickr upload and error with linking photos from World Nomads site.  Flickr link at https://www.flickr.com/photos/129552549@N08/sets/72157649016846008/

About jimmydau


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.