Existing Member?

JimJim's Adventures

The second email

USA | Sunday, 3 December 2006 | Views [668] | Comments [3]

Hi guys,
 
Welcome to all the new people that have not been receiving my emails. Check out http://journals.worldnomads.com/jimjim to catch up.. there's no photos there yet because i have had trouble trying to connect my camera to this computer, but hopefully i can resolve that soon.
 
Anyway i have spent the last couple of days at disneyland.. the happiest place on earth (if you are a fan of commercialisation and queueing). Its strange... as a kid you have all these ideas that disneyland is going to be the ultimate theme park, but when you get there you find it doesnt meet the expectations of all the hype. Some of the rides were good, but i often had to wait in long lines (in excess of 30-60 minutes) to ride a 2 minute ride. It wasnt a wasted day (or 2 days) by any stretch, it just wasnt what i was expecting. The weather has been magnificent, but it always is in california. About 15 to 20 degs C, and its supposed to be winter. I found it funny that everyone is wearing scarves and beanies at night, yet its only about 10 degrees. And i'm walking around in a t shirt. People just look at me strange, but i think this place needs to toughen up!
 
I now have an american phone number. If you want to send me a text message its +17147683389. It was funny, the people in the cingular store (the phone company) found it amusing that i spoke with such a rich australian accent. They love australians over here, and i am not too sure why.
 
The one thing i do miss from home is the ashes!! There is not a hint of cricket to be found. While this is obvious, it is still disappointing! I hear england are making a game out of the second test which makes a change.
 
In the next couple of days i am staying at a beach house that is owned by Robert's girlfriend's (Kimberly) parents. It is apparently right on the sand at Newport Beach, which is where the OC tv show is filmed. However, i have also been told that it is not actually filmed at Newport Beach, rather at a beach near LA. Interesting fact for you OC fans.
 
I am also going to head across the border for a day trip to Mexico at some stage. Robert has said he will take me. Also there is a hope i will be going to Las Vegas. But time will tell!
 
You may not hear from me for a couple of days, but i will continue working on putting those photos up when i can. Off to San Francisco on Friday for 4 days. So i am a busy boy! Speak to you all soon.. Keep sending me emails, i enjoy reading them and will reply when i get the chance. But dont think that i dont read all of them!!
 
Take care
 
James :)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

we have had wops in the wall .so we are going to fill the hole with polyiresteen,and then we will get the bullmatcliff to guard the chimley.then we will throw a manget at it.if there is any batflatteries we will get racvinsurance to underarrest them and put them in the milkyway.anyway i must getaway the edge...have fun...father...xxxxx/ooooooo

  kenneth mcintyre Dec 4, 2006 10:04 PM

2

Staying in a $5 million beach house?!! I want photos!!
Otherwise I think your'e full of shit.
M xxxxx

  Clare Dec 6, 2006 10:26 PM

3

so will i.....actually i do anyway

  father Dec 7, 2006 9:25 PM

About jimjim


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.