Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Ho ho ho time!

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 December 2009 | Views [409]

Jim and Eve on Christmas Day

Jim and Eve on Christmas Day

Thursday 24th December

Melbourne


This morning we cleaned the van and threw out/ passed on a lot of stuff and clothes that had reached their use-by-date. Helen and Michael have given us one for their cars for the night to help with transfer from being Van-Boys to Five-Star-Hotel-Boys.... again, thanks.


After a few wrong turns we arrived at the van drop-off point and all went well with its return. Nic was following in the family car so we were then able to drive back into the city to stop off with Sarah (Nic's niece), her husband Mark and their beautiful kids Eve, Marcus and Curtis. We were treated to another delicious family dinner and then helped mum and dad (aka Santa) putting the kids presents together and under the tree.


Then headed into the city to our home for the next 6 nights at the Stamford Apartments. We've just realised that this will be the most time we have spent in one place since our little apartment in the Aeolian island of Lipari, all those months ago.


Friday 25th December

Melbourne


Happy Christmas!!


Fab Christmas lunch at Helen and Michaels' with the family. The three kids made the event with their boundless energy and joyous response to the littlest things.


After lunch we popped into our friend Shelley's family Christmas at Port Melbourne and hugged and laughed for a few more hours.

Caught the tram back to the apartment in the city and crashed out contented and just a little full.


About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.