Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Last night in the Van

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 December 2009 | Views [399]

Great Ocean Road continues

Great Ocean Road continues

Tuesday 22nd December

Flinders


North of Jan Juc was another 'free' beach so this was our first destination of the day. It proved to be easily accessible (after a few wrong turns) and quite a lovely beach. Spent a few hours here topping up the tans and then back on the road east.


We intended to cross Port Philip Bay via the car ferry at Queenscliff The travel gods were with us again as we arrived at 1:58pm, paid for our ticket and drove straight onto the ferry as the gang plank was being raised, then promptly left at 2:00pm. It's a lovely crossing of the bay, very gentle and picturesque, and saved us about 4 hours driving through greater Melbourne. Dolphins joined us along the way...magic.


After our underwhelming spa experience at Hepburn, we were very happy to find that there were therapeutic hot springs in the Mornington Peninsula. We visited one this afternoon. All open air spring-fed pools. Just what we love. Very nice place.


Tonight is our final night in the van. We're in the semi rural town of Flinders, on the coast, in a caravan site. We've grown to love our van and the ease of travel that it's afforded us, but we're looking forward to real beds to finish off the trip.



About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.