Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Spa Country (or not)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 December 2009 | Views [400]

Saturday 19th December

Daylesford


Another slightly overcast morning so we headed to the famous Hepburn Spa to check it out. We thought that the springs around here would be those effervescent, hot bulbing kind. Actually, they are the cold smelly supposedly therapeutic kind. We were a little disappointed about this but it didn't matter (we've heard that they have the bubbling kind on the Mornington Peninsula where we are headed in a few days).


We made a circular tour that took us through the springs and gold country and ended at Ballarat where we decided to catch the movie Avatar. Jim booked us gold class tickets as a bit of a treat but when we arrived at our seats we were told that gold class did not present the movie in 3D! You'd think they might have mentioned that when we booked the tickets. The film was still entertaining but will have to go again to see the 3 version.


Back to our little B&B for the night – very very relaxing. Back to the same restaurant again for dinner - when you're on to a good thing...

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.