Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

South again to Deep Creek

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 December 2009 | Views [1390]

Tuesday 8th December

Deep Creek Conservation Park SA


It rained over night so we were very happy to be curled up in the king sized bed and have access to another lovely big bath - totally therapeutic for a sore back!


Decided to head south today and travelled through more farm country following the coast. The day began to clear so we turned off to visit the wine area of McLaren Vale. A picturesque town filled with cafes and quaint shops. We stopped here for brunch and it was delightful. A bit of a treat after all the bush cooking. Great coffee, eggs Florentine and corn cakes, in the sun, with a row of eager finches waiting patiently for scraps from our table.... they will eat corn evidently.


Moving south we came upon the Deep Creek Conservation Park right at the tip of the coast overlooking Kangaroo Island. We drove around the park and headed down a gnarly 4x4 track to a beach that was windswept and not totally inviting. The track was great fun, except for Nic's back....boring ... and the land around the track was filled with kangaroos hanging out having a bit of lunch.

Finally settled on a camp site and set up for the night. Happy little campers again. Had to fend off the Kookaburras when the meat was produced.... we almost went hungry.



 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.