Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Stromboli Cancelled

ITALY | Thursday, 15 October 2009 | Views [348]

Sunset over the Med

Sunset over the Med

Monday12th October

Lipari


Began the day with a bit of travel administrivia, and then to the port in great excitement to catch our boat to Stromboli. OOPS- Stromboli Canceled! Evidently the guide had rung to say that the climb was too dangerous due to the wind. OK, we're not ones to argue with an all-knowing-guide.


What to do with our afternoon? The first stop was to the local fish monger in the street for some more fresh fish for dinner tonight. We were looking in his cart to see what he had and he produced a bag of fresh (live) lobsters. As tempting as they looked we both decided that we didn't have the guts to actually cook the living little suckers in boiling water. Wimps!


This afternoon we headed back to our lovely little beach for a few more hours of sun and then home to cook up the fresh fish. Nic was again the chef and it was was outstanding. We have eaten better then most restaurants in the past weeks – the freshest produce that makes cooking so much more fun.


About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.