Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Berlin

GERMANY | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [330]

Friday 11th September

Berlin, Germany

 

We're now in our new home for the next few nights in the Berlin Boy town. It's hard for us to get our head around the fact that this morning we were speaking Spanish and now we are in Germany with a totally different language, attitude to life and mind set. 

 

The flight from Madrid was very easy as even though we ere traveling animal class we had three seats to ourselves.  On arrival in Berlin we were met by the beautiful Andy, an old friend of Nic's.  After lots of hugs were we taken via the Underground to our apartment – a huge one bedroom fully equipped apartment that was the complete opposite of the room in Madrid. We loved it.

 

After a pit stop at the cafe outside our apartment building we headed off on Andy's Berlin tour (Day 1).  By bus through the Tiergarten from the west to the east side.  Our main stop was the renovated Bundestag (Reichstag) with the remarkable new roof by Sir Norman Foster.  We spent a few hours here and it gave us a panoramic view of the city and it's layout.

 

From here we ventured to the Brandenburg Gate and the redeveloped Eastern side of the city.  Of course we had to stop for a beer in a cafe on the Unter den Linden,  and then a wander through to Alexanderplatz.  A lovely dinner in a local reasturant and back to Andy's home for more drinks and fun and laughter and finally collapsed into our apartment and mere few minutes walk away.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.